Through the generous donations of our ambassadors and supporters, A4A is able to provide grants to animal welfare organizations that meet our criteria and are chosen through the grant process. If you are a shelter or rescue group in need and meet the required criteria, please download and complete the application below. Please note our updated guidelines effective 2016.
- Organization must be a non-profit organization with proof of 501(c)3 status or a pending application for exemption with the IRS.
- Organization must be based in The United States or Canada
- Preference is given to organizations that do not euthanize healthy, adoptable animals .
- All adoptable animals must be spayed/neutered prior to adoption.
- We operate on a 18 month cycle. Organizations must wait two full grant cycles before re-applying.
- Organization must provide a follow up report on grant usage and funded program results within one year.
- Being matched with an athlete ambassador does not guarantee funding.
- A4A does not fund organizations for start up costs, general operating expenses, fundraising campaigns or building expenses.
- A4A does not fund individuals.
Typical grant funding ranges between $500-$5,000. Grant applications are considered semi-annually. The deadlines for submission are March 15 and September 15 of every calendar year. Applications received after a submission deadline will be considered in the next funding cycle.
Completed grant applications can be mailed to:
Athletes for Animals
PO Box 50345
St. Louis, MO 63105
We believe an Athlete Ambassador lending their name to your organization is just as valuable as a monetary donation, since it gives the rescue shelter credibility and shows a positive increase in community support, volunteers, adoption and donations. We have seen this model in action and how it works.