Athletes for Animals provides funding to animal welfare organizations that meet our criteria and are chosen through a semi-annual grant process. If your group is in need of support, please review the guidelines and complete the application below.
Grant Guidelines – Fall 2018 Cycle
- Must be a non-profit organization with proof of 501(c)3 status or a pending application for exemption with the IRS.
- Organization must be based in United States or Canada.
- Preference is given to organizations that do not euthanize adoptable animals.
- All adoptable animals must be spayed/neutered prior to adoption.
- We operate on a 18 month cycle. Organizations must wait two full grant cycles before re-applying.
- Organization must provide a follow up report on grant usage and funded program results within one year.
- Being matched with an athlete ambassador does not guarantee funding.
- A4A does not fund organizations for start up costs, general operating expenses, fundraising campaigns or building expenses.
- A4A does not fund individuals.
- Our grant funding is designated for companion animals (canines & felines) only.
Typical grant funding ranges between $500-$5,000. Grant applications are considered semi-annually. Applications must be received by March 15 (SPRING cycle) and September 15 (FALL cycle). If an application is received after a submission deadline it will be held for the next funding cycle. Completed grant applications can be mailed to:
Athletes for Animals
PO Box 50345
St. Louis, MO 63105